The Links on this Page will not Work as this is for Premium Customers only. For additional information on the listed MVNOs below, please subscribe as content is only available for Premium Subscribers.
If you are a Premium Customer, please log-in and access the Premium Content Version here..
The Swedish Mobile Market has Five Mobile Network Operators(MNO)s, of which, only Telenor, TeliaSonera, Tele2 and Hi3G offer access and origination on mobile telecommunication networks to Resellers and MVNO. Presently there is a total of 11 Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO) and 10 SP Resellers and finally 4 ESP’s. Based on our research, we have identified that Telenor Sverige AB has 9 MVNOs, 6 SPs and 1 ESP Agreements, Telia has 1 MVNE, 4 SPs and 3 ESP Agreements, while Hi3G Access AB only has 1 MVNO Agreements and finally Tele2 AB has 2 MVNO and 1SP Agreement.
View a Brief Overview on the Sweden Telecommunications Overview or;
You can Access the following Resource from the Swedish Post and Telecom Agency(PTS).
Sweden Wireless Companies (+46)
Hi3G Access AB
Telenor Sverige AB
TeliaSonera Mobile Networks AB Sweden aka Telia
Net1 (see Ice)
*Use the Menu Above, to Jump to the Respective Countries Listing Page
** Pop Up Blockers may disable Menu
**View Category = Sweden, or alternatively subscribe to Sweden RSS Feed.
Current Sweden MVNO/MVNE Companies
This is an updated and fairly comprehensive listing for MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators) in Sweden today. We have listed most known and Active SwedIsh MVNO/SP & ESP companies (where possible). If you have updated information about the companies listed below, or are not listed then please use the following form.
The Editor would like to thank Freddy Lundmark, MVNO Products & Service Delivery Manager at Telenor Sweden for his contribution and assistance for the Creation of this page.
Back to INDEX
Sweden Telecommunications Report Expand for
by Market Research:
) – Mobile Operator Forecast on Sweden provides over 50 operational and financial metrics for the Swedish wireless market and is one of the best forecasts in the industry. We provide five-year forecasts at the operator level going out to 2014. We also provide quarterly historical and forecast data starting in 1Q2003 and ending in 4Q2011. Operators covered for Sweden include: TeliaSonera AB
, Tele2 AB
, Telenor Sverige AB
, and Hutchison Telecomm Intl. Limited
. Our Mobile Operator Forecasts are updated quarterly and are available for one-time delivery or through regular updates.
Global Mobile Operator Forecast covers 50 operational metrics of 200+ mobile operators in 50+ countries, making up 80% of the world’s population. Our forecasts are based on our proprietary, country-specific forecasting models. These models deploy multiple regression analysis and cross-impact matrices that estimate relationships between subscriber data, technology use and deployment data, overall economic and demographic changes expected in a particular country; and relate these to company operational and financial metrics.
- Wireless subscriber growth in Sweden is slowing down gradually +7.3% industry average subscriber growth in 4Q.2009
- The number of total mobile subscribers reached 12.24 million and the wireless penetration rate was 131.3% in Sweden in 4Q.2010. In terms of subscriber growth, the industry average subscriber growth rate (YoY) declined from 9.8% in 4Q.2008 to 7.3% in 4Q.2009.
- 3 (Hutchison) continues to be the leader in subscriber growth in Sweden with a 27.3% YoY growth rate in 4Q.2009.
- Subscriber growth rates at TeliaSonera, Tele2 and Telenor were 6.2%, 6.1%, and 3.7%respectively in 4Q.2009.
- ARPUs are declining at TeliaSonera and Tele2’1.7% operator-wide average ARPU growth in 4Q.2009
- A declining trend in ARPU (Average Revenue per User) continues in Sweden. The industry average monthly ARPU declined by -1.7% to reach SEK 218 in 4Q.2009.
- TeliaSonera‘s ARPU growth (YoY) was -3.2% in 4Q.2009, down from -2.1% in 4Q.2008. Tele2′s ARPU growth (YoY) was -4.0% in 4Q.2009, up from -2.0% in 4Q.2008.
On the other hand, Telenor
‘s ARPU growth (YoY) turned positive in 4Q.2009 after 9 consecutive quarters of negative growth.
- Minutes of Use per Subscriber is stabilising in Sweden +0.5% industry average MOU/Sub growth in 4Q.2009
- The industry MOU/Sub growth (YoY) was 0.5% in 4Q.2009, down from 9.4% in 4Q.2008.
- Tele2 continued to lead Sweden’s operators with its MOU of 235 minutes per month and MOU/Sub growth (YoY) of 4.0% in 4Q.2009.
- TeliaSonera‘s MOU/Sub growth (YoY) turned negative to -3.0% in 4Q.2009, significantly down from 7.6% in 4Q.2008. Telenor also saw it’sMOU/Sub growth decrease to 0.9% in 4Q.2009 from 6.3% in 4Q.2008.
- Telenor enjoyed strong EBITDA growth in the latest quarter +11.0% industry average EBITDA growth in 4Q.2009
- The industry average EBITDA growth (YoY) was 11.0% in 4Q.2009, significantly up from -7.3% in 4Q.2008.
- Telenor has been leading EBITDA growth in Sweden with 35.8% EBITDA growth (YoY) in 4Q.2009, up from -24.3% in 4Q.2008.
- TeliaSonera‘s EBITDA growth (YoY) was also positive at 13.9% in 4Q.2009, up from -2.1% in 4Q.2009.
On the other hand, Tele2′s EBITDA growth (YoY) remained negative at -7.9% in 4Q.2009, down from -5.7% in 4Q.2008.
The Swedish wireless market will have 13.5 million mobile subscribers by the end of 2014
We forecast that total mobile subscribers in Sweden will increase from 12.2 million in 2009 to 13.5 million in 2014.
ARPU levels in Sweden will continue to decline over the next several years
- We expect that the industry average monthly ARPU will fall from SEK 201 in 2009 to SEK 193 in 2014.
- We think that Telenor will continue to receive higher ARPUs than TeliaSonera and Tele2, but its ARPU level will be declining. We forecast that Telenor‘s monthly ARPU will decline from SEK 269 in 2009 to SEK 243 in 2014.
- TeliaSonera will be enjoying a higher level of profitability than its competitors
- We forecast that the industry average EBITDA margin (calculated as EBITDA/service revenue) will decline from 35.7% in 2009 to approximately 33% in 2014.
- TeliaSonera will continue to enjoy a higher level of profitability than Tele2 and Telenor in Sweden. We expect that EBITDA margins at TeliaSonera, Tele2, and Telenor will be approximately 45%, 29%, and 25% respectively in 2014.
Access this Report at Market Research.
Back to Top
*Page Updated on the 14th of May, 2012.