Italian Regulator, AGCOM has published its latest statistics for Q4’12. The growth of MVNO subscribers continues (+850,000 in 2012), total lines reached 4,500,000 (about 4.6% of the total customer base)
Poste Mobile’s market share is about 55% due to the integration of mobile and postal services. It is worth noting Noverca performance, its customer base increased, during 2012, from 20,000 to 130,000 subscribers.
YoY, voice traffic and SMSs sent has increased by about 29% and 60%, respectively.
Current MVNO Share.
- PosteMobile: 55.3% (2,488,000) [Last year 55.7%]
- Fastweb Mobile: 15% (675,000) [Last year 14.8%]
- CoopVoce: 7.2% (324000) [Last year 7.7%]
- ERG Mobile: 7.1% (319500) [Last year 6.9%]
- Daily Telecom: 5% (225,000) [Last year 6.4%]
- Nòverca: 130,000 at 31.12.2012
- Other: 10.4% (338,000) [Last year 8.5%]
In 3Q’12, the number of ported mobile lines reached, cumulatively, some 50 millions.
- Mobile virtual operators were able to gain more than 1.3m net adds in the number of lines, a slight decrease compared to September
- On annual basis, the net balance “donating-recipient” is negative for Telecom Italy (-490,000 sim) and Vodafone (-420,000) and is positive for Wind (+185,000), MVNOs (+278,000) but especially for H3G (+446,000)
- Correspondingly, on a quarterly basis the indicator improves only for Telecom Italy (from -353 to -118,000). H3G and Wind maintain, albeit reduced, a positive balance. Vodafone worsens its position (already negative in September) while for the first time the value is negative also for mvno.
View Category = Italy, by using the following Link or why not subscribe to our Italian RSS feed, or our Main Site Feed.
To View current Italian MVNO Companies, please use the following Link.
Image Credit; Logo © AGCOM
All trademarks mentioned in this release are the property of their respective owners